- Application process
- Master of Theological Studies (MTS)...
Application deadline is March 15 of each year, but this year's deadline has been extended to May 31, 2023.
Please note: Attendance at a one-week Residency in Pennsylvania is required for all first-year students at the start of the academic year. Accepted students will need to make their Residency travel plans - and reservations for lodging and meals at the Antiochian Village - once the online reservation system is available (expected by April 15) and after they have received notification of their acceptance to the program.
MTS or Certificate? The coursework is the same for both programs; the only difference is MTS students pursue a Thesis after coursework is completed, and are required to have earned a prior undergradutate degree. If you plan to pursue the MTS degree, please apply directly to the MTS using that application in the drop-down menu.
The following are required as part of the online Master of Theological Studies application:
- Recent full-face photograph of the applicant
- Statement of the reason for application to the program
- Brief autobiography with an emphasis on church activities
- Official undergraduate degree transcript provided to AHOS by the college/univerisity
- Pastoral Reference: reference from the applicant’s pastor, or FOR CLERGY, a reference from the applicant’s bishop or pertinent ecclesiastical authority
- Academic Reference: reference from a professor or academic advisor, speaking to the applicant's ability to complete a graduate program of study (or, for those who completed their undergraduate education over 10 years ago, a Professional Reference may be submitted in place of the Academic Reference, as long as it attests to the applicant's ability to complete a graduate program of study)
- Non-refundable application fee of $75 (seventy-five U.S. dollars), payable by credit card through the online application process.